Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The super Smart car...



So I'm riding down broad street headed towards the light at the intersection of Alps Rd. and what do I see?? "OMG!!" I said to Justin, "Look at that car!!!!" I was directly behind the tiniest car I had ever seen in my life. And the manufacturer read "Smart." I was so intrigued I had to get a better view. I raced through all of the cars in the other lanes so that I could get a side view and I just so happened to catch it at the light. Now, I had imagined it being tiny, but more like Chevy Aveo tiny... not the Steve-Urkel car tiny!!! It was so small! It looked so adorable "in all the ways socially appropriate to" admire a car (lol).
So I got home, I did some research. The name of the car is called the Smart Pure, one of only two models available in the US. This coupe has a 5 speed transmission and a 3 cylinder 71 HP engine. It is also manufactured from ALL recycled goods. The base price is $11,590 with the potential to be fully loaded at $13,815.
But not all that glitters.... this car is said to get on average in the mid 30s for gas mileage; however, it uses Premium. Oh and did I mention that no crash tests have been conducted yet??? No thanks! Not only that, just like those flying cars I talked about earlier, you'll be waiting for months!

No comments: