
So, I'm sitting here, and I just got off of work. I am super tired, but I have a lot to talk about. For starters, I am going for a promotion at my job (Best Buy) to become the Mac Specialist. I have done extensive online training and signed up with Apple to receive some more courses online to help me prepare for the position. I hope I get it. I am super excited! We get Macs in our store on February 28!!! I love the technology and I love learning about them. I love technology in general though.
I was working with a customer today and it dawned on me how much technology we have readily available at our fingertips and how far it has come in just the past few years. Looking back into a Best Buy sales paper from 2003, for $2000, you could get 256MB RAM, with a 40GB hard drive, and a 900mHz processor!! That's crazy!! Nowadays, that much money will buy you one of the most powerful machines money can buy! But then again, who am I to say that 5 years from now, I won't look back into a sales paper from Best Buy and say the same thing. Technology is so amazing and it progresses so rapidly! It seems like as soon a s you buy it, it's outdated... Is it really possible to stay abreast of the times? Is it really possible to have the newest, latest, and most cutting-edge technology?
The customer that I mentioned working with earlier, she was a fairly older lady. She was completely in awe at the technology encompassed by bluetooth. All I did was bluetooth a picture from my phone to print from a printer. She was absolutely amazed! It's so crazy how things that seem so minuscule in technology to our generation seem light years ahead of the times to others... I wonder if there will ever come a time when I'm completely amazed by something that may seem so common to younger generations... OMG!! I don't wanna get old!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment